Hello, and thank you for stopping by to read my blog. This is my first blog on this website. I have done extensive blogging on other websites I own in the past and hope I can make a little difference here also.
***DISCLAIMER*** The opinions, thoughts, statements and feelings that I post on these blogs are mine (Lance Greene) and mine only. In no way, shape or form do they reflect the opinions or feelings of Bat’s Taxi & Town Car Service of St. Pete Beach, FL.
My Thoughts and Feelings on Uber & Lyft
This is a sensitive subject for many. It is pretty simple for me.
Positive competitive competition is good, negative harmful competition is bad.
Positive competition makes everyone else step up their game a bit and work harder. Nothing wrong with that.
It does not bother me at all that UBER & LYFT are around or trying to do business. I think it is a great concept and welcome it. Why? Because they both have a very specific clientele. I am not after their clientele and do not desire to attract their clientele. I welcome it and also hope they step up and play by the rules or at least some of them.
My main concern is, I believe all companies, drivers and vehicles for hire that transport people should have to go through the same Level 2 Background checks and vehicle inspections that we have to pay for and go through here in Hillsborough County and also the Police Background check that we have to go through and pay for with the St. Petersburg, FL. Police Department.
Just like any other business, when there is something new out there our current clients may go and try it out of curiosity. That is just business and the nature of people and that is perfectly alright. I have always found, once they try the “new thing” they will typically come back.
The “UBER APP” for smart devices is quite the app, it is impressive. Cannot deny that. It is obvious by all the other transportation companies trying to come up with and implement something like it.
Worth of over $40 Billion?? Why does any transportation company need to be worth THAT much? Seems weird to me.
In the beginning it seemed drivers were making great money ($$$). Now I am hearing quite the opposite. If drivers are not able to make decent money then they will not be able to maintain themselves (hygiene) or their vehicles properly (which they own). That is a simple fact.
You the customer might think you are getting a great deal/price for your ride………and you absolutely are. The thing is, depending on where you are, your driver may be starving.
That, is not cool……….Not Ever.
I subscribe to the “Coffeehouse” mentality……..everyone should share in the business and feel comfortable referring around. Spread the wealth so to speak.
I have been shown what the rates are from the Tampa International Airport to St. Pete Beach, FL for UBER and I am telling you customers that those drivers are NOT making any money on those runs. THAT once again is NOT cool. Not now, not ever. Please keep in mind, the UBER & LYFT drivers are using their own personal cars and have to maintain and service everything about that car. In addition, ALL of us drivers typically pay for all the gasoline, car washes and roadway tolls.
So, please, next time you hire a vehicle to take you somewhere, please keep all this in mind. It is important, very important.
Bottom line, if the drivers are Level 2 background checked and vehicles inspected……..
Have at it UBER & LYFT!
I welcome your competition.
Lance Greene – Professional Limo Driver – Level 2 Background Check Passed and Approved
When Hiring a Town Car at an airport it is always good and important to know a few things before doing so, in order to help you, your fellow passengers and your driver all have a great experience.
Personally, as a professional driver, this is what I need to know in order to ensure a smooth experience for you.
****PLEASE NOTE: From Pinellas County you may take a Taxi or Town Car Service TO the Airport. HOWEVER, Pinellas Taxi’s are not allowed to pick up at the Tampa International Airport, so you MUST order a Town Car for your ride into Pinellas and it is actually very cost effective. Less expensive than taking a Tampa taxi from the Airport to Pinellas typically. Example: Our current rate at Bat’s Taxi & Town Car, to or from TPA to St. Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach in one of our Town Cars is $65.00. Fare to TPA in one of our Taxi’s is $54.00 from St. Pete Beach to TPA for example.
1) Cell Phone Number: Your Cell phone number is preferred or the cell phone number of the person we are picking up. This is very important as airports can be confusing to some and it enables us to reach you easily. Please turn your cell phone on as soon as you land. Personally, I prefer to have you see the sign I am carrying with your name on it rather than calling and disturbing you as you are trying to exit the plane. I will however call you if it has been over 20 minutes and you have not found me yet. IF, you or the person(s) we are picking up do not have a cell phone please make sure you describe to us what they look like (hair color) and if you can what they will be wearing, primarily what colors. Believe me, it makes a huge difference in time.
2) Flight Information: This is extremely important as we receive the incorrect flight information all the time and it ends up creating a huge opportunity for error in picking you up. ***When you are ordering your car and driver, whether you do so via phone or the internet, please read and input the flight information directly from your ticket or airline confirmation/Itinerary and supply us with the following: 1) The Flight number 2) City you will be departing from…please provide the city which you will be flying from…in other words, if you flew to another city before going onto your final destination, please provide that most recent city as your “departure from city”. 3) Arrival time
3) Passengers and Luggage etc etc etc: Please advise us how many passengers there will be. IF, you or they do not have a cell phone please make sure you describe to us what they look like and if you can what they will be wearing, primarily what colors. Will there be children? Their ages? Please keep in mind there are new car seat rules for children in 2015. FLORIDA CAR SEAT RULES Will you have car seats for your children? Will you need one? Will you have a stroller? How many and how big? Will there be anyone in a wheelchair? Will you have a wheelchair with you? How many pieces of luggage will you have including checked and carry-ons? Are any of them oversized?
4) Meeting Your Driver: Most of us professional drivers will be holding a printed sign or an electronic tablet with your name on it and we will meet you typically at the baggage claim level on the side that your airline lets out on…either red side or blue side. IF you DO NOT have any checked luggage, I personally believe it is best to meet you on level 3 where you come off the trams. That way, we go directly to the elevator and up to the car in the parking garage. Saves us all an extra step and time. Bottom line? I want to meet you where is best for you and where YOU want to be met. Simply let me know your preference.
Tampa Airport Baggage Claim Area: There is a Red Side (pictured below) and a Blue Side which you can tell by the color of the elevator banks. This depends on what airline you are on.
Tampa Airport 3rd Level Terminal Side Greeting Area: There are 2 areas like this on this level. All depends on the gate you are coming from.
5) Curbside Pick Up: We can also pick you up at the curb outside of your airline at the baggage claim if you prefer. However, many times due to traffic, this can take much longer then going up with me to the parking garage.
Tampa Airport Curbside: There are again, TWO sides to the airport, RED & BLUE each have a separate curbside location at the baggage claim level. They get pretty congested “In Season” so I do prefer the parking garage for pick ups. That means I will meet and greet you inside the airport.
6) Time: Once you deplane, please make your way to us as soon as possible. We understand you may need to stop and use the restroom or grab a quick coffee to go however. Please keep in mind we are most likely parked in the parking garage and we receive only a half hour free parking. By the time you come down to us under “normal” circumstances we have been there already 15-30 minutes. After the the free hour we then will pay a minimum of $4.00 for the parking. Please, we greatly appreciate you keeping this in mind.
7) Tipping Your Driver: Please tip your drivers. We depend on our tips and we appreciate them greatly! You may not realize it, but most Town Car and or Taxi drivers pay for all parking, road tollways, gasoline, car washes, and any extras they carry in the car for you.
I look forward to taking care of your transportation needs. If you have any questions about anything here please email, text or call me and I will be glad to answer your questions.
Thank You for stopping by!
Lance Greene – Professional Driver, Clearwater, FL.