Welcome To Florida!
When Hiring a Town Car at an airport it is always good and important to know a few things before doing so, in order to help you, your fellow passengers and your driver all have a great experience.
Personally, as a professional driver, this is what I need to know in order to ensure a smooth experience for you.
****PLEASE NOTE: From Pinellas County you may take a Taxi or Town Car Service TO the Airport. HOWEVER, Pinellas Taxi’s are not allowed to pick up at the Tampa International Airport, so you MUST order a Town Car for your ride into Pinellas and it is actually very cost effective. Less expensive than taking a Tampa taxi from the Airport to Pinellas typically. Example: Our current rate at Bat’s Taxi & Town Car, to or from TPA to St. Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach in one of our Town Cars is $65.00. Fare to TPA in one of our Taxi’s is $54.00 from St. Pete Beach to TPA for example.
1) Cell Phone Number: Your Cell phone number is preferred or the cell phone number of the person we are picking up. This is very important as airports can be confusing to some and it enables us to reach you easily. Please turn your cell phone on as soon as you land. Personally, I prefer to have you see the sign I am carrying with your name on it rather than calling and disturbing you as you are trying to exit the plane. I will however call you if it has been over 20 minutes and you have not found me yet. IF, you or the person(s) we are picking up do not have a cell phone please make sure you describe to us what they look like (hair color) and if you can what they will be wearing, primarily what colors. Believe me, it makes a huge difference in time.
2) Flight Information: This is extremely important as we receive the incorrect flight information all the time and it ends up creating a huge opportunity for error in picking you up. ***When you are ordering your car and driver, whether you do so via phone or the internet, please read and input the flight information directly from your ticket or airline confirmation/Itinerary and supply us with the following: 1) The Flight number 2) City you will be departing from…please provide the city which you will be flying from…in other words, if you flew to another city before going onto your final destination, please provide that most recent city as your “departure from city”. 3) Arrival time
3) Passengers and Luggage etc etc etc: Please advise us how many passengers there will be. IF, you or they do not have a cell phone please make sure you describe to us what they look like and if you can what they will be wearing, primarily what colors. Will there be children? Their ages? Please keep in mind there are new car seat rules for children in 2015. FLORIDA CAR SEAT RULES Will you have car seats for your children? Will you need one? Will you have a stroller? How many and how big? Will there be anyone in a wheelchair? Will you have a wheelchair with you? How many pieces of luggage will you have including checked and carry-ons? Are any of them oversized?
4) Meeting Your Driver: Most of us professional drivers will be holding a printed sign or an electronic tablet with your name on it and we will meet you typically at the baggage claim level on the side that your airline lets out on…either red side or blue side. IF you DO NOT have any checked luggage, I personally believe it is best to meet you on level 3 where you come off the trams. That way, we go directly to the elevator and up to the car in the parking garage. Saves us all an extra step and time. Bottom line? I want to meet you where is best for you and where YOU want to be met. Simply let me know your preference.
Tampa Airport Baggage Claim Area: There is a Red Side (pictured below) and a Blue Side which you can tell by the color of the elevator banks. This depends on what airline you are on.
Tampa Airport 3rd Level Terminal Side Greeting Area: There are 2 areas like this on this level. All depends on the gate you are coming from.
5) Curbside Pick Up: We can also pick you up at the curb outside of your airline at the baggage claim if you prefer. However, many times due to traffic, this can take much longer then going up with me to the parking garage.
Tampa Airport Curbside: There are again, TWO sides to the airport, RED & BLUE each have a separate curbside location at the baggage claim level. They get pretty congested “In Season” so I do prefer the parking garage for pick ups. That means I will meet and greet you inside the airport.
6) Time: Once you deplane, please make your way to us as soon as possible. We understand you may need to stop and use the restroom or grab a quick coffee to go however. Please keep in mind we are most likely parked in the parking garage and we receive only a half hour free parking. By the time you come down to us under “normal” circumstances we have been there already 15-30 minutes. After the the free hour we then will pay a minimum of $4.00 for the parking. Please, we greatly appreciate you keeping this in mind.
7) Tipping Your Driver: Please tip your drivers. We depend on our tips and we appreciate them greatly! You may not realize it, but most Town Car and or Taxi drivers pay for all parking, road tollways, gasoline, car washes, and any extras they carry in the car for you.
I look forward to taking care of your transportation needs. If you have any questions about anything here please email, text or call me and I will be glad to answer your questions.
Thank You for stopping by!
Lance Greene – Professional Driver, Clearwater, FL.
Mobile#: 727-288-1545 (You may text also)